The group has an opening started on Oct. 24, 2018. Perspective students with undergraduate or advanced degree related to power engineering, circuits, and mathematical sciences are highly encouraged to apply. If interested, please email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title “GRA for Fall 2019 position on distribution engineering.”
The following are the specifics:
Required Qualifications for Graduate Assistantship
- An earned baccalaureate in Electrical Engineering, or a related field, with completion of all courses to meet the degree requirements.
- Demonstrated prior experience in research publication or evidence of a potential for such scholarly activities.
- Ability to articulate a research statement and identify intriguing niche problems as well as be able to initiate and carry out the research agenda independently.
- Willingness and ability to work around the clock for conference deadlines and be responsive to requests as well as flexible in work hours.
- Effective English communication skills, both in writing and verbal.
- Knowledge of distributed resources and electrical distribution systems in a decentralized, networked environment.
- Prior experience in writing an IEEE conference paper or journal. Had an experience to lead a journal writing would be a plus.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with diverse group and exchange ideas.
- Interest or experience in working with others.
- Has a hobby the student is passionate about.